Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here
Select Page

UPCOMING EVENTS

Dec
14
Thu
6:00 pm Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time
Dec 14 @ 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time Stories and crafts for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. 2 Times Each Week! Tuesdays 10am Thursdays 6pm Come in your PJs!
Dec
19
Tue
10:30 am Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time
Dec 19 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Preschool Story Time @ Bethlehem Public Library | Bethlehem | New Hampshire | United States
Preschool Story Time Stories and crafts for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. 2 Times Each Week! Tuesdays 10am Thursdays 6pm Come in your PJs!
Dec
21
Thu
6:00 pm Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time
Dec 21 @ 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time Stories and crafts for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. 2 Times Each Week! Tuesdays 10am Thursdays 6pm Come in your PJs!
Dec
26
Tue
10:30 am Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time
Dec 26 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Preschool Story Time @ Bethlehem Public Library | Bethlehem | New Hampshire | United States
Preschool Story Time Stories and crafts for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. 2 Times Each Week! Tuesdays 10am Thursdays 6pm Come in your PJs!
Dec
28
Thu
6:00 pm Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time
Dec 28 @ 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time Stories and crafts for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. 2 Times Each Week! Tuesdays 10am Thursdays 6pm Come in your PJs!

03/11/2015 – PB Minutes

BETHLEHEM PLANNING BOARD
MEETING MINUTES
March 11, 2015
BETHLEHEM TOWN HALL MEETING ROOM

Present: Dave Wiley, Mike Bruno, Chris McGrath, Andrea Bryant, Jeanne Robillard, Don Lavoie, and Sandy Laleme.
Absent Outgoing Members: Peter Roy and Alecia Loveless

Dave Wiley opens the meeting at 6:01pm.

Dave appoints Jeanne as full board member for Alecia Loveless.

Dave Wiley invites Olive Beleau from AHEAD to begin their conceptual presentation. Olivia introduces AHEAD Executive Director Mike Clafin, Construction Specialist Gene Girdwood, and Landscape Architect Bill Flynn. Bill Flynn reviews the plans for Community Living at Lloyd Hills with the Planning Board and stresses the challenges of the site, i.e. wetlands and slope. The plan contains 5 possible scenarios, each containing multi-family units, single family homes, and small cottages to be used for elderly housing. Each scenario contains a mix of parking options; some units with garages and driveways, some all surface parking, and some a mix of both.

Don Lavoie arrives at 6:10. Dave appoints Don as a full member for Peter Roy.

Olivia Beleau explains that the organization still needs to hire an architect and conduct a market analysis before they can determine which scenario works best.

Don Lavoie asks if the project’s elevation has been compared to the elevation of the town reservoir as
some higher elevations have a difficult time with water pressure. Gene Girdwood feels they are below the elevation of reservoir, but would definitely confirm that.

Bill Flynn speaks of the amenities offered at the site, which include a park with a shelter/pavilion, a trail system, and a community garden, which all offer opportunities for events and eco education. The site will also have a basketball court and playground.

The subject of James and Turner Streets came up as they will be used for entrance into the new community. AHEAD is aware of the impact this will have on current residents of James St and hope the communities can work together to come to a understanding, which would include making the amenities available to James Street residents. Chris asks about tax exemption, Mike Claflin responds that AHEAD will pay full property taxes for the project.

Olivia thanks the board for their time and will be in touch once the market analysis is done.

Next the board revisits the NCES Alteration of Terrain Permit application that was continued from the last planning board meeting. Don and Andrea recuse themselves and leave the table.

Dave reminds everyone the purpose for tonight is to follow up with the Conservation Commission to see what their decision was regarding commenting on the application. Conservation Commission Chair Cheryl Jensen says the Conservation Commission will definitely comment on the permit application, but it is still unclear as to whether or not they will ask town engineer Tom Roy to review the application. Some areas they may comment on are; the proximity to the Ammonoosuc River, storm water management, the aquifer, erosion, problems with past landfill construction (leakage/discharge), and to make certain there are no landfill construction errors.

Sandy Laleme states that the Select Board talked with Tom Roy and submitted his response to questions the Select Board had about the permit. (See Attached) Cheryl Jensen has also had an email exchange with Tom Roy and submitted that email exchange for the board (See Attahced).

Discussion regarding having Tom Roy review the application takes place. Cheryl informs the board that the Ammonoosuc River Local Advisory Committee does not have the funds to pay for the review. Don Lavoie offers that the Planning Board typically does not have jurisdiction over Alteration of Terrain Permits. Mike Bruno feels the Planning Board should not take on the task of hiring the town engineer to review the application. Furthermore, Sandy feels it is appropriate for the Conservation Commission and the ARLAC to comment, but does not feel it is appropriate for the Planning Board to do so. Mike Bruno
agrees.

Motion made by Sandy Laleme, seconded by Chris McGrath, to refer comments on the NCES Alteration of Terrain Permit to the Conservation Commission. Chris, Mike, Dave and Sandy in favor, Jeanne opposed, motion passes.

Don and Andrea return to the meeting.

The board reviews the minutes from February 25, 2015.

Motion by Dave Wiley, seconded by Mike Bruno, to approve the minutes from 2/25/2015 as submitted. All members in favor, with Sandy Laleme abstaining due to absence. Minutes pass.

The board moves on to discuss the current zoning ordinances. Chairman Wiley would like to board to take the next few months to go through the existing ordinances in an effort to clean them up and prepare warrant articles for the 2016 election. Don feels the ordinances should be consistent with the Master Plan and feels this process should wait until the Master Plan has been revised. Sandy feels the board can at least do some editorial work now.

Dawn presents the board with information regarding fee schedules for surrounding towns. The board will look this information over and Dawn will make some suggestions for the next meeting.

Motion made by Andrea Bryant, seconded by Dave Wiley, to adjourn the meeting at 8:40. All members in favor, meeting adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted,
Dawn Ferringo,
Planning and Zoning Clerk

image_print