To locate and appraise all taxable property in accordance with New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated, Supreme Court decisions and administrative procedures; to maintain current information on the ownership and characteristics of property; to prepare and certify the assessment role and individual property assessments in accordance with New Hampshire’s RSA’s.
The Town of Bethlehem Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in the Town of Bethlehem, New Hampshire. You can contact the Town of Bethlehem Assessor for:
- Information on your property’s tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Assessor’s Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes – Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office.
- The Town of Bethlehem Tax Assessor is responsible for setting tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in the Town of Bethlehem.
- The Town of Bethlehem Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Bethlehem Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in the Town of Bethlehem.
Contact the Assessor’s Office at (603) 869-2042, ext 102