Skip to content
Home » 03/30/2016 – PB Minutes

03/30/2016 – PB Minutes

[et_pb_section admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”on” transparent_background=”off” background_color=”#ffffff” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”on” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”off”][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_tabs admin_label=”Quick Links” global_module=”2685″ saved_tabs=”all” active_tab_background_color=”#6689ac” inactive_tab_background_color=”#a9c7e4″ tab_font=”|||on|” tab_font_size=”24″ tab_text_color=”#ffffff” tab_letter_spacing=”2px” body_font=”Open Sans|on|||” body_text_color=”#888888″ background_color=”#f4f4f4″ use_border_color=”on” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]

[et_pb_tab title=”QUICK LINKS” tab_font_select=”default” tab_font=”||||” tab_line_height=”2em” tab_line_height_tablet=”2em” tab_line_height_phone=”2em” body_font_select=”Open Sans” body_font=”Open Sans|on|||” body_line_height=”3em” body_line_height_tablet=”2em” body_line_height_phone=”2em” body_font_size=”15″ body_font_size_tablet=”15″ body_font_size_phone=”15″]



[/et_pb_tabs][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”QUICK LINKS” orientation=”left” area=”et_pb_widget_area_1″ background_layout=”light” remove_border=”off”]

[/et_pb_sidebar][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” orientation=”left” area=”sidebar-1″ background_layout=”light” remove_border=”off”]

[/et_pb_sidebar][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”3_4″ specialty_columns=”3″][et_pb_row_inner admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column_inner type=”4_4″ saved_specialty_column_type=”3_4″][et_pb_post_title admin_label=”Post Title” title=”on” meta=”off” author=”on” date=”on” categories=”on” comments=”on” featured_image=”off” featured_placement=”below” parallax_effect=”on” parallax_method=”on” text_orientation=”left” text_color=”dark” text_background=”off” text_bg_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.9)” module_bg_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0)” title_all_caps=”off” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]

[/et_pb_post_title][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]

Town of Bethlehem
Planning Board meeting
March 30, 2016
Northern Pass
Held in the fire chiefs office

Present: Mike Bruno, Sandy Laleme, Marie Stevenson, John Stevenson, Steve Gorman, Chris McGrath and Don Lavoie

Mike Bruno called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.

Elevator out of order

Discussion on the grouping of the towns. April 5th being the deadline to submit. Sandy will be working on the letter tomorrow at 9am if anyone is interested in attending. December 16th is also a deadline going forward. One letter for all 3 boards, with 3 signatures. Motion passed

(Sandy informed the board that the letter objecting to the municipal groupings had been sent prior to
deadline. She then made a motion for the Planning Board to enjoin with the BOS and BCC to send a letter to SEC to object to the Northern Pass requests for confidentiality and recusal from procedural rules. In addition, that the 3 boards support the timetable proposed by the Society for the Protection of
Forest. Steve Gorman seconded. Motion passed.)

New rules from Northern Pass parteners want to become confidential. Environmental, business plan and impact on animal species are also included.

There was a general discussion on the Zoning Board’s decision to ask for site plan review for the rebuilding of the synagogue on South Road. Mike reminded everyone that we should not seek out Site Plan Review.

The agenda for the next meeting was discussed as containing the following.

Next meeting April 13th
 Deadline for applications. (to be an alternate for the planning board)
 Ledgewood 2.
 Election of officers
 Policy on excepting alternates (if ran for office and not voted in)
 Alternate 3 year term/2 year term (should they be staggered so not to both end at same time)
policy need to be put in place.

SEC meets at Loon on April 12 to discuss intervener issues and Northern Pass motions. Jerry Blanchard and Cheryl Jensen will attend. Starts at 10am.

Don Lavoie asked if it is time to get an attorney concerning Northern Pass. (Sandy said BOS had discussed and can be a consideration but Board doesn’t feel necessary as yet.) Discussion to contact the Forestry Society to see if they can assist us.

Marie Stevenson asked about DES requirements concering the Presby station (mac eddies)

Meeting adjourned: 6:30

Respectfully submitted,
Debbie Bayey ZBA/Planning Clerk